How to Apply
Call our staff at (434) 592-5629 to complete a phone interview.
If approved, submit an HIV blood test.
Terms and Conditions
1. The man must be sincere and earnest in his desire to receive help, and he must be willing to cooperate with those aiding in his recovery.
2. We ask that the men commit to stay through the duration of the program, which is 8 weeks.
3. Men are required to attend individual counseling sessions each week.
4. We DO NOT assist with follow-up services such as housing or employment. Each man must have an Exit Plan in place before entering Elim Home.
5. We DO NOT accept applicants who are completing a drug program due to a sentencing agreement with the court system.
6. We reserve the right to reject any applicant that we feel hinders the mission or goals of Elim Home and Thomas Road Baptist Church.
7. We reserve the right to reject any participant who is a detriment to the spiritual health and well-being of the group.
What is the cost?
- There is no charge to attend; however, each man is asked to bring a $100 cash
emergency deposit, which can be donated or returned when he leaves the program.
Where do I get the HIV test required to attend?
- Most doctor’s offices as well as most health departments offer HIV testing.
What can I expect?
- Biblical classes, academic work, scripture memorization, counseling, and
attendance to church services.
Do you offer detox services?
- No – we are NOT a medical facility. Our primary focus is to help men
find deliverance from substance abuse through Salvation in Jesus Christ
and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Do you provide counseling services?
- Yes, the men are required to attend individual counseling sessions
Do you have a program for women?
- No, but you can download a list by clicking this link for
What should I bring?
- A comprehensive list will be sent to you once you complete
the application process.
Can I smoke cigarettes?
- For residents 21 years of age or older,
Yes, we have a “smoking pad” outside where participants can smoke.
- NO e-cigarettes, vapes, chewing tobacco, or dip allowed.
- In pursuant to Virginia Code 18.2-371.2,
you must be 21 years of age or older to purchase,
possess, or use tobacco products.